CFIS has more than 150 faculty and staff, including homeroom teachers, specialist teachers (in Secondary Division subjects, the visual and dramatic arts, music, and physical education), learning strategists, ECE educators, and administrative staff. Every year we add between five and 15 talented individuals to our team of faculty, staff and leadership professionals. We offer a competitive salary and meaningful professional development for all of our employees and we are a contributing member of the Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund. We are committed to continuously improving our school through a focus on our CFIS mission, vision, and values.
We accept applications year-round for full-time and part-time teachers.
Opportunities for the 2020-2021 School Year
CFIS is still accepting applications for positions posted on this page for the 2020-2021 school year. Candidate selection and interviews are currently delayed due to the ongoing COVID-19 medical situation. Please continue to follow the application process noted below.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions in the 2020-2021 school year:
Early Childhood Education Division
- Homeroom Teachers (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Elementary Educational Technology Integrator (Grades 1 to 6)
- French Language Arts Teacher (Grades 7 to 12)
- Mathematics Teacher (Grades 7 to 9)
- Social Studies Teacher (Grades 7 to 12)
- Science/Mathematics Teacher (Grades 7 to 12)
Submit your application by email to email@example.com in Microsoft Word or PDF format only.
A complete application includes:
- A cover letter addressed to the Hiring Panel (for teaching positions, the cover letter must be in both English and French unless for an English- or Spanish-language teacher)
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- The position you are applying for in the subject line of the email (if you are applying for more than one position, please submit a separate email application for each position)
- Three work-related references with name, organization, phone number and email address of each (one of your references must be a direct supervisor; references will not be contacted without your prior consent; do not send letters of reference)
- For applicants to kindergarten through grade 12 positions only, a one-page teaching philosophy statement
Applications that do not contain all the required information or that do not meet the above requirements will not be accepted.
Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The following are the minimum requirements for position applications at CFIS:
- Bilingual (French and English) (French is the language of instruction for all classes except for English and Spanish classes);
- Applicants for all teaching positions must possess an Alberta Teaching Certificate or Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate or be able to acquire one within three months of hire. (For further details on Alberta teacher certification, please review the Teacher Certification Handbook on the Association of Independent Schools and Colleges in Alberta website.);
- Applicants for all teaching positions must also possess an Alberta Teacher Qualifications Service (TQS) evaluation from the Alberta Teachers' Association or be able to acquire one within three months of hire;
- Any applicant who is offered a position at CFIS must provide a current Police Information Check acceptable to the CFIS administration; and,
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.