You are here
Grocery Card Program
Deadline extended to October 3, 2016!
The Grocery Card Program has been managed by parent volunteers since it began in 2006. Last year alone, the Grocery Card Program raised over $31,000 that will go towards purchasing 21st century tools and improving learning environments for students at CFIS. The school is pleased to continue to offer you the opportunity to purchase grocery cards to generate useful dollars at the school.
With every order you place, CFIS receives between 4 and 9 percent back in cash to be used for programs at the school. Over the past years, funds raised from this program have been spent on additional computers, musical instruments, gym equipment, the television system and awards at the Calgary French & International School.Participating stores include:
- Calgary Co-op: stores in Calgary, Airdrie and Strathmore
- Sobeys/Safeway: nationally at Sobeys, Safeway, Foodland, Thrifty Foods, IGA (except in BC), FreshCo, Lawtons and Needs locations
- Blush Lane Organics – Calgary’s Aspen Landing store only
- President’s Choice – Superstore, No Frills, Loblaws across Canada
A few key points to remember:
- Cards cannot be used for liquor purchases, to purchase other gift cards, or exchanged for cash
- You will still receive points or discounts on your store loyalty cards
- As the cards are treated as cash, you will be required to sign for your cards at pick up. You may designate someone to pick them up for you.
Payment for the cards are to be by post-dated cheque as credit card charges significantly reduce the net proceeds from the program.
Please consider purchasing at least one $100 card per month. If every family at CFIS does this, we will raise over $30,000 again for the school this year!
Thank you in advance for supporting student learning at the Calgary French & International School.
The CFIS Grocery Card Program Team, Bonnie Stowkowy, Jennifer Quan-Fernyc, Holly Crowe and Lisa Godin