You are here
Join our progressive and innovative team
CFIS has over 120 enthusiastic faculty and staff, with specialist teachers in visual arts, dramatic arts, music and physical education as well as leading-edge learning strategists.
CFIS is always seeking excellent teachers, full- and part-time, and we accept applications year round. The following are minimum requirements for teaching Kindergarten to Grade 12 positions at CFIS:
- Alberta Education Teaching Certification (Interim, Permanent or Letter of Authority)
- Bilingual French and English as French is the language of instruction for all classes except English and Spanish classes.
Current Job Openings
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
- On-Call Assistant Teachers (Pre-JK-Library-BAS)
- Substitute Teachers (KG to Grade 12)
- BAS (Before and After School) Program Leader
- Teaching Interns (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Coming Soon On-Call Cooks
Job Openings for 2019-2020
- IB Physics, Science and Mathematics Teacher (Grades 9 to 12)
- Homeroom Teachers (Kindergarten to Grade 2)
- Homeroom Teachers (Grades 3 to 6)
Click on the job title above to view the full job posting.
Click on the drop down menus below for more about our school culture, employment benefits and how to apply.
What it's like to work for the Calgary French & International School
Our faculty are chosen for both their ability to teach and an outstanding background in languages and education. Our teachers come from across Canada and throughout the world.
Supported by a progressive, hard-working leadership team, our teachers are immersed in innovation and a culture of excellence in French immersion and international education.
Professional development is an important part of ensuring our faculty and staff stay current with best practices and advance learning in their classroom through technology, innovation and their own cutting-edge curriculum development.
CFIS offers competitive salaries and meaningful professional development for faculty and staff. CFIS is a member of the Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund (ATRF).
By hiring and retaining the best faculty and staff, CFIS is able to offer the highest quality of French language instruction.
If you're interested in working closely with an enthusiastic, dedicated and talented team of teachers and staff, we want to talk to you!
Please follow these directions to the letter, when submitting your application to the Calgary French & International School.
Applications, including a cover letter addressed to the Hiring Panel and resume or CV, may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in Word or PDF format only.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- If you are applying for more than one position, please submit a separate email application for each position.
- Applications must include three work-related references with name, organization, phone number and email address of each; one of your references must be a direct supervisor. References will not be contacted without your prior consent. Please do not send letters of reference.
- If you are applying for a teaching position, please submit your cover letter in both English and French (except for English or Spanish teaching positions).
- Applicants for Kindergarten to Grade 12 teaching positions must submit a one-page teaching philosophy statement with their application.
- Applicants for Kindergarten to Grade 12 teaching positions must possess an Alberta Teaching Certificate or Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate, or be able to acquire same within three months of hire. For further details on Alberta Teaching Certification, please click here.
- Applicants for Kindergarten to Grade 12 teaching positions must also possess an Alberta Teacher Qualifications Service (TQS), or be able to acquire same within three months of hire. For further details on TQS, please click here.
- Any applicant who is offered a position at CFIS must provide a current Police Information Check acceptable to CFIS administration.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications that do not contain all the above required information or meet the above requirements will not be accepted. Only applicants selected for further consideration for positions will be contacted.